Monday 2 February 2015

2 Comments Bringing Photography Back into My Life

As you may have noticed, I added yet another tab to the navbar. This time it is photography, which is something I have been very fond of since I was about 15. I got my first and only DSLR (Digital Single-Lens Reflex) camera, Pentax K200D, at the age of 17 during the first year of my stay in the UK.

Since then (and it has been a 'wow!' 6 years already) I have been using it on and off, and in the recent years I only ever used it whenever I went for a holiday. For the most of it I simply didn't have time to go around taking pictures, and when I did I was kind of being too self-conscious to just take it out and start shooting, unless it was during a holiday trip. Because, apparently, it makes a difference!

The final blow was my camera sticking in the AF (auto-focus) mode for as long as two years. 90% of the time I would use MF (manual focus), so without it taking pictures instantly became rather dull. But, a very big thanks to this lovely forum thread, I fixed my cam and am now ready to pick up photography again! 

Testing the heart-shaped bokeh technique
Actually, I even got brave enough to start thinking about participating in Taylor Wessing photography portrait prize competition hosted by London's National Portrait Gallery. I mean, I sure can try – even if I don't win, getting lucky enough for one of my photographs to be exhibited will be winning in itself.

I still have until end of July to submit the photographs, so hopefully I will come up with a concept soon enough to start shooting. Wish me luck!

Have you ever taken up adventurous endeavours like that? Let me know in the comments ;)

E.V.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best with the competition my dear. I am sure you will find and create something spectacular :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes :) xxxx

      Delete