Tuesday 2 June 2015

0 Comments OOTD Downton Abbey Style

It seems like I've been sewing non-stop the last couple of months. Barely finishing one project I already have another one coming up in my head... Here I'm going to share with you my most recent project to date as an outfit of the day.

Freshwater pearls: H.Samuel
Glass bangles: gift from India 
This beautiful dress features a dropped waistline with gathered midi length skirt, my all time favourite 3/4 sleeves and a gentle boat neckline. Material is 100% Italian viscose, extremely lightweight which makes the dress very dynamic and flowing at the slightest breath of air. Well, see for yourself :)

Suede flats: Mascotte


Clearly liking my new dress!
The pattern comes from a relatively dated magazine (Burda 02/2013), although I only got to make it now. And guess what? It all happened after re-watching the Downton Abbey series :) 

All their gowns are just so elegant yet relaxed, feminine yet perfect in their simplicity – needless to say I've been in love with their outfits throughout the series, as [I am certain] are most of the girls who ever watched at least one episode. 

Here, I hope you guys like it as much as I do! Took it out to an Indian summer bazaar hosted by the Indian embassy here in Moscow a few days ago, and it looked and felt fabulous! ^_^

E.V.

P.S. Currently engaged in a lengthy knitting project, so I should reveal it in a week or two, I know there hasn't been much knitting here recently and I'm hoping that would change :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment