Thursday 28 May 2015

0 Comments Cut Me Some Slack! | OOTD

This is just enough word play I can squeeze into this post without sounding too cheesy. Sometimes I find it quite tormenting to come up with a nice title for a post, so it is always good to have an idea bouncing and ready when I sit down to type. So cut me some slack if it's not the most entertaining post title ever :D

Well, to the point now. During the little guessing game I originated to collect your guesses as to what I made as my then latest sewing project, +AdmiralLadyPaula Rizzuto suggested a "lovely drapery pair of slacks" [see what I did there?]. Although not from that fabric, I did make a pair that just fits her description from black lightweight Italian viscose.

I am not entirely sure how to describe the style properly since it is somewhat of a mix between formal-ish harem pants and relaxed peg leg, so I really hope the pictures will suffice. The model features crop length with curved edges, wide waist band and gentle folds placed right on top of pocket openings, making them look puffier as well as adding to their drapery-ness (a total nightmare to iron but so worth it!).

Knitwear top: Massimo Dutti
Suede flats: Mascotte
Cateye shades: ASOS
Necklace: somewhere in Brazil (gift from a friend)


I have another pair I made using the same pattern about 5-6 years ago from lovely linen mix (still alive and well) in size UK 8/EU 36. Now that I've reduced to size UK 6/EU 34 I'm loving how they rest all relaxed about an inch above my hipbones, which is why I decided not to adjust the black pair to my actual size.

I have to say, I am happy with my choice of the material. It took me quite a while to find simple black viscose that is opaque enough not to show off anything underneath – for some reason neutral colours like that are not in favour on the Russian market. This was literally the only fabric matching all of my requirements, and better yet – after decating the cut it got this subtle shine like that of scoured silk, much to my enjoyment.

Mac: Zara Basic


I needed a pair of black slacks like that for the summer actually, since the only ones I have are either linen or shorts. This pair can be both casual and formal, and even night out/occasion worthy if worn with a sparkly top, some nice jewellery and high heels.

As usual, awaiting your comments down below, and hope you guys liked it :)

E.V.

P.S. Forgive my awkward posing, I am not very good at this! *insert monkey covering eyes with hands emoji*

No comments:

Post a Comment