Thursday 25 December 2014

0 Comments The Crown Jewel

Hello again! It's Christmas time! And although in Russia we do not celebrate catholic Christmas, it has become a lovely and heart-warming habit of mine after living in the UK. 

Don't you just love it when everything lights up in bright colours all around, when Christmas markets come to town where they serve you piping hot street foods, caramel apples and mulled wine? Mmmmm... I sure do!

And I do love the hassle of picking-buying/making-wrapping-and-delivering gifts to their respective recipients. I am an enthusiast gift-giver, so it is possibly my most favourite part of the whole annual Christmas fever. 

This year I bought rather than made most of the presents and postcards (ironically enough, I enjoyed being able to send out a few this year since I am away). But when nearly all of them were already wrapped and ready to go under a Christmas tree, I found this delightful crochet pattern which I simply HAD to make.

The tutorial is in Dutch (mind that I don't speak a word of it), but the pictures are pretty self-explanatory, and it is quite easy to pick up the required number of stitches from the text. 


I made the crowns a bit more festive-looking by heavily 'bejewelling' them with sparkly seed beads and sequins I got stashed from another project I never got to finish. I put them both on brooch pins I got from John Lewis' crafts department, which have neat little holes in them for easier sewing.

I got so excited while making them that I completely missed out on the opportunity to take a few snaps of the actual process, and this is literally the only picture I have of them before they were added to the other presents. But that shouldn't be much of a problem, because you can see the final result fairly well.

One of these would look adorable on a blazer lapel, a chunky-knit cardigan, a comfy turtle-neck, and even on a winter hat if you truly aim for some royal feel one of these days! 

E.V.

P.S. Will definitely make one for myself! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment